GALLEY CAT

GALLEY CAT
LIFE BEGINS !

Monday 20 February 2017

THE END OF GALLEYCAT...!

THE END

 G'day All,
                 As you can see the Yot iz no more...
We had a huge tropical storm later to be classed as Cyclone Alfred.
The Yot has torn the mooring apart and smashed itzself into the beach.
I've already started looking for a replacement but I'm still in shock as to the destruction levels.
more to follow
Itz now thyme 2 start again.
We have a new yot!
All 45 feet of her current name is Nightmoves, this will change to galleycat once I take posession of the boat and head towards Groote Eylandt.
The boat is right back where I started in Townsville.

Nightmooves.

2 comments:

  1. Ahoy Cptn Felix
    SHIT!!!! so many hours and so many memories. The only solace is that no one was hurt. It is a sad end to an amazing vessel but with every end comes a new beginning. Hopefully the insurance coverage will give you sufficient to look at a new YOT with some features that you would have liked on GalleyCat. Only time will tell how all this will resolve, but at least you are safe and have accommodation available locally. How did you go with the recovery of personal belongings and what have you. I believe access was restricted and no doubt damage was extensive. Looks like our fishing days will be limited for some time now. Keep your chin up and embrace the challenge ahead of sourcing and customising your new floating home. Cheers for Now Brother Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon Thomson4 April 2017 at 08:38

    I'm sorry to see the Galley Cat is no more Stu! I still tell stories of my 3 weeks on the boat back in 2013 and all the fantastic memories you gave me.

    I hope all is well with you and the pup otherwise, and I hope you get back on your travels as soon as possible with the slick looking Nightmooves.

    All the best Stu, and thanks again.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE!