GALLEY CAT

GALLEY CAT
LIFE BEGINS !

Thursday 10 December 2015

A VOYAGE 2 A "REALISTIC" KNOWHERE!


 G'day world,
While the rest toil away at whatever it iz U do!, Galleycat iz on a voyage 2 the very end of knowhere!
I've left Groote Eylandt this morn in search of sum peace and tranquillity.
This envolvz leaving the "system"  behind again, and setting sail 4 other less chaotic pasturez .
 North East Island iz the goal, with Groote now just a distant memory at 30nm away.
I've had a full spread (5) of lurez in the water since I left, with zero result. Amazing!, I'm passing lotz of  islandz and reefz that all look fishy, but yield lotz of  nothing.
Even here it seemz you must travel big distances to get good fish.
Andrew and Chris are due in the morning and we're off chasing "Reds".
-----------------------------------
As you can Cee from the attached fotoz the "reds" trip was a suxcess.
We boated plenty of Red Emporor and Large Mouth Nannygai.
Andrew managed a huge red followed almost immediately by Chris then myself so it waz a true red letter day!
We tried several of Andrews secret spotz and all produced good numbers of quality table fish.
Then it was back to the Yot for a seafood buffet that included Mudcrab, oysters kilpatrick and crumbed mackerel gujons with fresh tartare and wedges with sourcream and chilli sce.
Then after just a few drinx to wash it all down it was thyme 4 sum much needed sleep B4 we hit the fishing spotz again.
Chris and Andrew have now left 4 civilization (wkoa) again, while I'm left with a kitchen full of dishes. Typical!
The trip was declared a suxcess with the total falling just short of our bag limitz.
This meanz plenty of fresh fillets for Andrews work mates and friends.
B4 they left Andrew waz put on croc watch while Chris and I used the powerdive to give the Yot  hull a clean and scrape.
Unbelievable quantities of barnacles and oysters were removed in an effort to get the yot back into shape.
I'll now use the next week to complete several maintenance tasks on the yot and try to get some form of purpose and balance back in my life.
Thatz a task that only I can achieve! but one that needz some serious work as I find myself slipping further and further down an ever present "rabbit hole"




DAWN DAY 2

 Itz nearly the end of my week of solitude and I'm just beginning to feel any kind of normality.
Lotz of sleep, no alcohol and even no fishing has given me lotz of thyme to thunk!
With that thunking came the obvious answer to my many issues.
So I fired off an email to the NT Police to file a missing person report regarding Cameron. (My Son) who has been out of my life for a little over 10 years now.
I figure the situation regarding Cam can't get any worse so what do I have to lose (town in France).
Until I receive word I'm biding my thyme in one of the many bays and Islands up here.
 I left the shelter of NE Island in and effort to explore the many crisp white sand beaches that make up this area. I'm still faced with the basic fact that I'm not permitted to set foot on these beaches so I stay with my feet always in the water.(more officialdom crap)
Honey on the other hand loves to run up and down the sand.
The oppressive heat has now finally given way to "THE WET" Torrential downpours and massive storm cells are now a daily occurrence .
Long nosed emporor
The dinghy is the first item of interest!, with no battery or bilge pump systems left, itz doing itz best to become a submarine. With only daily pump outz keeping it afloat. I need to keep it aboard the Yot with the bung removed.
I also need to order several new pumps and get the dinghy back to itz former glory (pre Turtle) or it will be know more.
Galleycat iz now back at Groote for the next week or 2 while I await some medicationz and supplyz.

Captain Felix (the saturated)





2 comments:

  1. Ahoy Cptn Felix
    Jealous as usual of your lifestyle and culinary skills. I am taking off to Melbourne on Friday to spend a week with Emily's family before Christmas. Free flights from Qantas make it a better option. Especially when they put you at the front of the plane!! Those Reds look pretty bloody tasty. I need to get some balance back into my life so I can get the camper out and wet a line myself. Thinking of heading to Esperance for the Australia Day weekend. I believe there are some beautiful beaches down there that might allow the head to clear for a few days. Slowly getting the house sorted although 2 separate plumbing leaks under the floor caused some issues. 1 was able to be reached from the outside but alas the second one (only 4 days later) required a couple of tiles to be smashed and a gaping hole in my new shower floor. I have a couple of days off over the Xmas break so I will get stuck in to the repairs and other jobs currently in progress. Wish I had the time to head to Groote with the rest of the visitors at the start of the new year but it was not to be. Anyway. Just wanted to say Hi and Merry Christmas if I don't catch you before then.

    Cheers for Now.
    Brother Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Cptn Felix and all those past and future to have been fortunate enuf to enjoy time aboard the YOY. Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable xmas. Cheers for now. Brother Mark

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE!