GALLEY CAT

GALLEY CAT
LIFE BEGINS !

Monday 19 November 2012

DESTIN8TION UNKNOWN!!

G'day All, This week has to start with a really BIG- HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON!
My not so little man had his special day on Tuesday this week, and while as usual I didn't get to see him I did take thyme out to stop and look over his photo album with a slice of cake and a pint of Fellixer. Congrats Cameron!
I'm thinking of you Always!

The title will become clearer half weigh through this update.
I've spent the better part of this week turning a big cat into a zebra!(anatomically impossible)
Galleycat has now got stripes, 5 of them 2B precise. These "stripes" will allow the dinghy or kayak to tie up along side without the need to put fenders over to protect the paintwork. I found out during previous trips that the fenders caused more problems than they solved. So when I saw this design on anuther cat I decided to copy it onto Galleycat.
Does this make me a "copycat"?
After several attempts the final result should both look right and work! as the initial layout proved 2B flawed in design with not enuf angle and too short rubbers above the water. So once the dinghy was placed along side and the mistake realized the fender sections were lengthened by around 200mm. Once the whole thing is trialed it'll be sanded, faired and painted.
With the increase in temperature and the readiness of Galleycat to go 2C again itz "finally" thyme for Kenny and I to head towards The Gr8 Barrier Reef for a spot of fishing and relaxation (wkoa) which as you can see kenny has already begun!
However rather than twiddling my thumbz for a few days until Ken is ready on Wednesday I've pointed the Yot seaward again for a short trip to partz unknown!
I wanted to see were the wind would take me as I left the Harbour around 2pm Monday.
Turned out it took me to Florence bay on the very southern side of Magnetic Island. Normally I wouldn't be able to stop here with the constant Southerly winds blowing straight into the bay but Monday night saw a stiff Northerly breeze blow in making this little piece of paradise a suitable place to rest for the night. While it is very nice it is alas a "green zone" which means no fishing ! So I kept myself busy with music and bourbon while undertaking a few last minute maintenance issues. Still an enjoyable thyme.
I've set sail this morning around the corner towards Horseshoe Bay where I'll try to catch some Garfish for our Big reef trip and spend the day servicing my fishing reels in preparation (wkoa) for what I hope will be a really memorable trip. I'm looking forward to having Ken aboard with his knowledge of both sailing and fishing the reef. I'll be taking lots of notes.
The weather Godz look like they're on our side with lite North and Easterly winds predicted. Which of course means it'll blow itz tits off but one has 2B optimistic.
On the uther side of the country Mum and Dads new house is now well underway with demolition set to take place this week. Brother Andrew has realized his recovery will be a little slower than he had hoped. Big Ash is very busy with his grass and landscaping while Miss Mermaid and Brad and Dee are both missing in action!
Fridays lunch was a huge B.B.Q with steak, satay chicken, rissoles, grilled asparagus  and also roasted pumpkin with balsamic and cashews, fresh bread rolls, tomato and onion salad along with a tossed salad as well. Lotz of food with very little left over.
Last night while anchored and excluded from fishing I put the kitchen to good use with a chicken and asparagus soup and a very spicy thai red curry. All washed down with a few boubons and loud music.
I'll no doubt have anuther update upon my return from the reef so look 4ward to lotz of fishy foto's and some tall tails.
That's all 4 now!
Captain Felix.






2 comments:

  1. Hiya

    Turns out my setback was a virus that has been going around here. It just happens to be one that affect the middle ear and ballance. So with my body still learning how to balance with only one working ear, it really knocked me around. But all is good. had MRI scan done just to make sure every thing was ok.
    Now, have you discussed dates with your people over there? We are pretty set this end for arrive Cairns 23rd March and head home again 29th March. Chris is keen to head over and spend the whole week on the yatch with you if your up for it. Jenny and I will look at 3 days in cairs and then we can come aboard and head east for some time at see before heading home.
    How does that sound?
    I know it's a long way off and time is irrelavent to you, but I need to arrange holidays and book flights. Some of us have to work for a living, worst luck.

    Let me know.
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Captn Felix...
    Sounds like your nearly there..the little fixs are thinning out and the trips offshore are becoming more frequent and enjoyable...The reel that Brad n Dee is a rippa...Id suggest that if your gonna get some new replacement rods,maybe get the ugly stiks as theyre very tolerant to abuse which I know they'll be asked to cope with on a busy Yacht like yours...There cheap and virtually unbreakable...I,d suggest looking in the cash converters as there old school these days which means you can get them cheap and bend them like Beckham...
    Been very busy over here...Business is going gangbusters,My storage area is near full,We sold the Boat Hire business for a tidy profit which now gives us some surplus for buying and trading boats etc...It was getting too busy and taking up way too much of our personal time so I,m glad to see the end of it and let someone else run with it and prosper....I,ll have to give you a call and catch up on Goss etc....And Possibly book in a trip with ya somewhere as Im hanging for a br8k...
    Chin up...Your doin gr8...And stock up on Felixer..You never know who might ask for permission to board...
    Karlos

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE!