GALLEY CAT

GALLEY CAT
LIFE BEGINS !

Saturday 27 October 2012

TUNA SURPRISE!!!


BIG SPANIARD
G'day All,
               If I was happy with the last trip out aboard Galleycat!      I'm absolutely ecstatic with last nights and todays' effortz!
As I type this update, I'm anchored on the outer fringes of Horseshoe Bay- Magnetic Island, eating fresh sashimi, with a tall bourbon and to top it all off I've just had a sensational Hot shower!
The overnight fishing was once again lack lustre HOWEVER the morning made up for it BIG THYME!
LONGTAIL
First aboard was a stunning 18kg Spanish Mackerel, even better was the fact that this was on a home made lure. After a short trip I was at my morning fishing spot, a sunken WW2 bomber. The tide however was not co-operating so with plenty of fish already aboard I hoisted the WFT's and headed for Magnetic Island. About half an hour into my journey one of the five lures screamed off! My first Longtail tuna!Chaos ensued! What a fight! and about 15kg's no less.
That really put the icing on the cake! so to speak.

But wait there's still more!
EXTRA FILLETZ
I was on the fone to Carlo letting him know of my success when again, another lure went off! This was a much smaller 8kg Spaniard, but still a worthwhile catch.
Lotz of fillets now!
Unfortunately the tuna meat was not as good as I'd hoped, so I'm having Spaniard sushimi instead. Really really Yummo!
The Yot has presented a few Gremlins as expected, but Nothing that can dampen my current spiritz!
BLUE WATER FINALLY!
I lost my carpet while it was being washed behind the boat,which has revealed a leak in the escape hatch that'll need attention. The Auto pilot is still giving me much grief and is about 2B thrown overboard, and there's still a leak in the forward right (starboard ) cabin but apart from these small issues this has been a brilliant trial.
As I mentioned, I've anchored on the very edge of Horseshoe bay over a weedy patch, in an effort to attract some squid 2nite. I'll also be cubing the tuna and feeding the pieces out during the nite with a hook in one or two. But I'm completely over Night Thyme Sharks. I'll also set up for Garfish which seem to love the night lites!
So I believe itz thyme for an afternoon nap and the promise of better thingz to come1
A very happy
captain felix.




1 comment:

  1. Dissapointed!!! I know you posted 2 updates last week but there was a weekend full of motor racing and no glimpse of a blog?? I was reading back over last years blog and noticed that it is just on a year since Galleycat made its first real ocean voyage. As the gremlins diminish and the prospect of longer and more enjoyable trips looms you must be itching to put to sea again. Had a weekend with Andrew, cooking stuffed mushrooms for lunch followed by a sushi making session. All this around the V8s and F1s. Heading off next weekend to buy a camper trailer. Just like a Yot but limited to dry land and no WFTs. I trust the fishing and preparations are going well and look forward to the next installment from "Galleycat" Mark

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE!