GALLEY CAT

GALLEY CAT
LIFE BEGINS !

Friday 13 July 2012

REFLECTION & REVELATIONS (wkoa)

 G'day All, Last entry I mentioned "FAMILY" and how I thought we had turned a corner as a "family unit". Well, we've not only turned a corner, but spun out and rolled into a crash barrier.
I received a call from Brother Andrew this week that turned all of our lives upside down!
Just when everything was looking positive!
I won't disclose his ailment but suffice to say itz serious enuf for most of us to re-assess life plans, goals and timelines. Thoughts this week turned to the family and  especially My Son Cameron!

The foto opposite was during our trip across the top of Australia at a thyme I thought my life was at itz lowest if not near itz end. Depression can B an evil master! (How long ago that seems now)
I mentioned we don't play very well together as a unit but when 1 family member puts out a help call we all rally to the task with dedicated focus.
The fone has been running hot with calls between family members and I've even started another letter (snail mail).
Itz also had me rethinking my goals and time-lines both in a negative and now positive light. It seem's whenever guest's leave the Yot all I can focus on is the Negatives! We had a few drama's with the Yot while Dad and Brother Mark were here that had me heading downwards into a dangerous spiral. Then Andrew rang and after the initial shock wore off I realized
 I've got "no problems"!
Well none worthy of major concern anyway.
The little issue's that creep up in my effort to get this Yot to sea are in actual fact what make the task so enjoyable and "They are all issues I can fix" I don't need a surgeon or doctor to repair a broken rudder or service a generator.
Revelation 1!
I mentioned the rain began just as Dad and Mark left Townsville. Well rain it did, in an unseasonal downpour that dropped 120mm over the entire area cutting roads, flash flooding and reminding me just how close the "WET" is!
Revelation 2!
So with a new found enthusiasm itz "Balls to the wall" in a big push to get the Yot ready to head South in the next few months.
With the rainy weather comes the idle hours and when the going getz tough, this chef turns to food for both solace and comfort. I found these Supa-Mushrooms at Lamberts this week (Huge 8" across). So on went the stereo KBW!(Nigel) out came the Fellixer and I set about making a beautiful Thai chicken soup for entree follow by a sensational mushroom pizza for main. With the pizza base being the mushrooms themselves -fresh basil, capsicum,olives, fetta, bacon, garlic, olive oil and Parmesan cheese were all placed into the mushroom caps then B.B.Q'd for 25mins to reveal a true taste sensation.
Revelation 3!
I can always count on good food to lift my spirits (if I'm not drinking them) Gr8 food, Gr8 Music and Above average company (crazy Canadian) Turn the night into a roaring success with all problems forgotten or at least pushed into the sub-conscious 4 a while.
As of this morning I'm back onto Yot worx with the new hydraulic steering system ordered! 2 steering stations now- 1 inside and 1 on the rear deck. I've also begun the task of removing the old console and control area inside the main cabin. This will allow 4 the new refrigeration (wkoa) and  console area to be fitted over the next few weeks (another challenge I'll embrace) This is really the last area of the Yot that needs work besides the Bathroom (head) but I figure I can sail south with the current Bathroom, I can't sail without Steering or adequate refrigeration! So you'll hear Lotz of complaining/whingeing about fibreglass and hydraulics over the coming week but itz all part of the process that'll get me sailing sooner.
On a pleasant note Miss Mermaid is on the mend and looking 4ward to Her trip downunder!
If only the Irish govt would sort out a few currency issue's, but I'm sure Amanda will get here eventually! Make sure they fuel the plane!
Also I've managed to save "All" the plants in the garden bedz after they received a rite drenching with salt water during our trip back from the reef. This is Gr8 news as I was under the mistaken impression that once they got salt water on them they'd die in record thyme! As these plants will be a MAJOR source of food and vitamins during my journey itz good to know they can B saved should they get salt water on them.,not that I'd recommend salt as a fertilizer.
So that'z the news from Galleycat for this week,
Good luck Andrew! My thortz are with you!
Your Big Brother,
Captain Felix

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, CF
    Hope you have managed to settle back into some sort of a normal routine, after the recent invasion. You'll probably be glad to have your own space back again, although you probably enjoyed having some company, too. Dad yawned all the way home from the airport, fell into bed and then proceeded to talk for an hour and a half about all he'd seen and done in Townsville, including how different and impressive the Cat looks now compared to the last time he saw her. He finally went to sleep, but has, over the last couple of weeks, regularly made some little comments - I think the mission was a success on all fronts!!! Andrew's news has rather knocked us all for 6, and taken some time to get our heads around. At this point in time we can do nothing more than hope for the best, and be there to support him. It was rather tricky as we had Hayley staying here for a few days when the news came in. Will keep you posted on any updates. This sort of thing does make you appreciate how important it is to do what you want to with your lives at the time, and not leave things 'til later, and the frustrations (wkoa's) you encounter with the Cat are all a part of your doing just that. (Goodness - that sounded very philosophical, didn't it!!) I've had a couple of days of peace and quiet this week, with Nell and Co up at York, and Dad at work- 'How's the serenity!!!!' Dad was (hopefully) catching up with Fridgie today to give him the Felixer, and have a chat about the 2-way fridge for the house - hope he can do it for us, as plans are now moving fairly quickly on that front, now we've located a company with the programme Carl used, so we can have minor alterations drawn and then submit the plans for building approval. Mr Mick has painted his house (outside) to a sandy colour - looks nice. Hopefully we'll actually start building some time this century- living with rellies can get a bit tedious!!!!!
    Better go now and get tea underway. Thanks for having Dad and Mark - I know they had a great time, and you look after yourself - one worry at a time is enough in any family!!!
    Mum xo

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE!