GALLEY CAT

GALLEY CAT
LIFE BEGINS !

Friday 25 November 2011

FRIDAY FRENZY!!!!


 G'day All , From the land of Galley Cat!!!
I kind of feel like Sir David Attenborough???
"Here's me takin nature foto's!"
 But I couldn't let this 1 pass without a Foto! A leaf cruised past this week! YES a leaf! But this leaf was special, it had a very cunning passenger.Mr Crab had found himself a perfect pontoon. It didn't take the Archer's long to realize somethin waz up!  As the next Foto showz they soon had Mr Crab surrounded and a battle of will's ensued with Mr Crab the "VICTORIOUS" challenger.Sum timez itz the simple thingz that make life worth livin!


 Aside from nature foto ography itz been a really, really busy week!
The new rear dek improvementz R now complete thank god!
Itz been a long sweaty hard slog, but today we finished replacing the deck after a minor fuk up with the hatch not being able 2 fit through the deck opening, but Kenny's wisdom prevailed and we cut the hatch in half (see foto'z).The first of 6 support polez are now fitted and the first sheet of nydiaplast has been fibreglassed 4 the "pergola"
The tides are increasing at an alarming rate with the YOT a remote island, then 2 hours later a stranded vessel on a rocky landscape. By February the tide will move 4 meters each day! a little hard to comprehend based on Perth tidal movement but only half of what I can expect in the  Kimberly's.
This week has seen the true arrival of "THE WET" with rain or thundastormz each day! Not the easiest thing 2 deal with when ur tryin 2 fibreglass a new deck and side wall onto your YOT, Without Ken's assistance and
guidance I'd still be as lost as a "crab on a leaf"
Itz a strange fernomena!!!!????? But Ken arrives each morning and what waz a big problem suddenly becomes a very easily manageable 1.
The removal of the rear deck and upgrade of the rudder system'z were 2B honest a little beyond me but with Ken takin charge of the job, nuthin's 2 hard.
We did make a few minor fuk upz but "hey" we are after all only human males! Lotz of laughz ensued when we got the deck screwed and fibreglassed into place only 2 realize that the cover for the lower part of the hull wouldn't fit through the deck opening.
U have know idea just how HOT it getz when the rain stopz and the sun comes out from behind the clouds 2 frazzle U! It took less than 1 hour to turn both Ken and Myself into complete" dribblin messes" on Wednesday arvo ,So I vowed we would B smarter from now on! That statement lasted less than a day,as I found myself baking in the same conditionz the very next day. So much 4 the wisdom of age!
However despite the conditionz we still managed to complete the task of replacing the kitchen by Friday arvo. Itz been a real eye opening experience with all manor of complicationz (wkoa) leaving us stumpd!!
Until the following morning ,where I present my idea's and Ken add'z his idea and between us we work out a totally different solution 2 the problem that had us perplexxed the day B4!
 Sum timez itz the simplest of fixes, other timez itz a really complic8ed solution but the end result is still the same,with the job progressing!
On the culinary front I've managed 2 kill my tarragon,sage oregano and thyme plants! Apparently mortein kills both bugz and PLANTS! whoops!
All I wanted 2 do was kill some scale type creatures but apparently all I needed 2 do waz spray them with milk."Go Figure!"
2 Day I made stuffed spudz for lunch, both bacon,garlic and onion and bolognaise varieties were eaten,consumed and scoffed at the Friday lunch fest!
This is the first meal 2B repeated after a whole year of Friday lunches,not that bad really!
I've just spent an hour on the fone 2 litte Ash and JP talkin about life and loves back in my past life.I do miss you all and cannot(can't)(with a South African accent!) wait 2 cu all again!
 But 4 now I'm Quite content 2 keep working on the YOT and getting 2 the stage that I can head for remote destinationz (wkoa) without worry or concern! It may take a few more months yet but the task is getting smaller by the day!

It really will not B long B4 I can set sail and not have to return 2 the  mainland 4 at least a month or 2.The YOT has proved itz worth! Now itz simply a matter of refining the concept and fixing a few minor systemz and I'll be on my way to partz unknown! The next few weekz will B a challenge with "MAJOR" reconstruction works on the Stb (right) pontoon and rudder assembly and fitting of the long awaited "pergola".
Still I'd rather B here than back in my old life workin 18 hours each day gettin nowhere!
Itz really an amazing thing to wake up and wonder "what do I want 2 do 2 day" soon that decision will be made 4 me by the surrounding reef but for now I'll settle on improving my life and Yot 1 step at a thyme(even if the plant is dead).
Thatz all 4 this week !!!
Enjoy your life every day,I know I am!

Captain Felix

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, CF,
    Isn't mother nature amazing!!!! And man thinks he can tame or better her I don't think so !!!!
    Just a quick comment - do you remember where we were this time last year?? Just left Dampier, on the way to Townsville. How long ago that now seems, and what a lot of water has gone under the bridge (and bow and stern) since then. Good thought to keep in mind when you feel a bit low - it's less than a year since you first laid eyes on the Cat, and look at what you (and Kenny!!) have achieved since then. Just finished writing reports for school, and am off to Melbourne for Trav's wedding on 13th Dec. In between, not much to do, really, except to get the Christmas tree up ready for 11th - we're doing the family thing then (12 days before- or close to)
    Stay safe and happy,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE!