GALLEY CAT

GALLEY CAT
LIFE BEGINS !

Tuesday 23 August 2011

"FELIXER"

G'day All, Major achievement day! I've got a fitted roof. It's glued,screwed and glassed. Well the first layer of glass anyway.
But that's not the reason for the update, Mum left Saturday morning taking with her the first export bottle of "FELIXER" the brewery/distillery is now so named! Over the weekend just gone I managed another distill plus watched many hours of V8's. Lowndesy winning both races and the round. If he'd just switch back to Ford I'd be able to come out of the closet and support him openly.Now it's on to Phillip Island then BATHURST. Yippee!!!!
Back 2 the roof the weather has definitely turned with Tuesday arvo seeing our first thunderstorm of the season this forced my hand and as such every other job has been dropped in favour of installing the roof and making the YOT watertite again. I had no intention of having it fitted by today but a big push by Kenny,Matt and Myself saw the roof glued into place by 3pm. If the rains hold of tonight I'll spend tomorrow sanding and grinding in preparation(wkoa) for painting the window frames and support panels B4 we fitt the windscreen and side windows.Its been decided that the rear
facing support panels will have 2 "cats eye" shaped windows installed,plus an arch shaped top to the entry if itz humanly possible! But 4 now I'll settle for watertite.The YOT is to be my home for the next phase of my life so I'm going to make damn sure itz a pleasure to live in.After all itz all about the journey not the destination! This fact is showing itself more and more ,as each day see's me tackling jobs I would never of contemplated just a couple of years ago.Now I just have to vacumn lotz of fibreglass dust out of the cabin area so I'll bid you all farewell and will be in touch soon.
Captain Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE!