GALLEY CAT

GALLEY CAT
LIFE BEGINS !

Friday 12 August 2011

THE BIG CHOP Part 2

 Just a quick update B4 I pack this computa away and start work.As u can see the BIG CHOP is now well and truly under way with most of the support framework for the roof in place.Today I'll be fitting the windscreen supports and beginning the rear wall infill panels.The trick to all of this is to think of a required strength then double it.The old windscreens were 280mm high x 2400mm wide with just one support beam in the centre. The new windscreen is more than double that surface(impact) area so it must be beefed up accordingly,with 5 verticle supports that are all braced back to the Aluminium framework of the old roof structure.The windscreen itself is built from high strength polycarbonate sheeting which has now arrived despite an Australia wide shortage of this product.(it's not what you know but WHO you know)
One of the biggest tricks has been to incorporate the new roof line into the shape of the YOT which we seem to have achieved quite well as no-one has come up to tell me that it looks unbalanced or out of place. The cut edges of the roof will soon be shaped with half round edging being made from a length of 25mm pvc pipe that we will run through the bench saw then fibreglass onto the rough edges,making them look like the original roof. The 2 rear wall infill panels will house the marine speakers both internal and external with the doorframe extended vertically to bolt into the aluminium framework above. So all together the new changes should be stronger than the original!
I cannot accurately describe the Dust and crap that is
currently inhabiting my home.ITZ A MESS! but a short term mess that is already worth it.
The lack of clean work area has limited the culinary side of the operation however I was still able to produce some fantastic Thai fish cakes for Friday lunch which I served with spicy BBQ chicken wings this was no easy task as every meal I eat at the moment has at least 1 or 2 woodchips or sawdust pieces in it. Fingers crossed by next weeks blog I'll have a windscreen and windows and a clean YOT but that is a really,really big ask.I'll settle for a completed fibreglassed frame and anything more than that is purely a bonus.On the other side of Australia it seems the fishing off Lancelin  is outstanding with Carl catching more fish than I can mention here with 12kg Dhufish (multiples) being the highlight "God I miss fishing Lancelin". On the deep thought front I'm still struggling to work out "What's so civilized about civilization?" after sailing back from Maggie this week into Town I am more than sure I'm making a move in the right direction with Riots,stockmarket crashes,council rates ,carbon tax,multinova's,traffic and govt bullshit all faded memory's or just mere conversation points.On the up the Mackeral are biting,the Mudcrabs are running ,the vegies are out of control and life's good.So I ask again What's civilized about officework and traffic jams?
On that wee note I'll sign off till next week but I wouldn't expect much next Friday as itz me birthday,the V8's are on and I plan to enjoy both.LOTZ!
Captain Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE!